Health and Productivity Management
Based on the philosophy that employees’ good health is essential for improving the productivity and growth of the company, Hulic is promoting the creation of employee-friendly work environments in which employees can continue to work with enthusiasm and energy in good health.
《Results in FY2020》
- ●Medical checkup rate on employees: 100％
- *The figure marked with has been assured by an independent assurance provider.
Hulic formulated the Hulic Health Management Declaration described below to implement comprehensive health management.
Hulic Health Management Declaration
Hulic is creating a workplace environment that enables all employees to stay healthy and make the most of their abilities, and aims to achieve sustainable growth by encouraging each employee to deliver high quality and value with professional competence.
Based on this philosophy, Hulic regards maintaining and promoting the health of employees as a management issue, and implements health management to remain “a highly productive organization,” while furthering measures it has taken for promoting employees’ health.
President, Representative Director
Hulic Co., Ltd.
2021 Certified Health & Productivity Management Outstanding Organization (Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Category)
Hulic was certified as a Health & Productivity Management Outstanding Organization in 2021 for the third consecutive year in recognition of our health and productivity management initiatives. The award has been promoted by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry in conjunction with the Nippon Kenko Kaigi to advance health and productivity.
The followings are Hulic’s major measures for maintaining and promoting employees’ health.
Conducting Health Checkups that Exceed Legal Requirements
- ・We implement an annual health checkup that is fully paid by the company and equivalent to a comprehensive medical examination, with a wide lineup of optional examinations such as neck ultrasonography, colonoscopies, and gynecological checkups.
The time required for each health checkup is regarded as working hours.
- ・100% medical checkup rate is our target, which is continuously achieved. From 2018, new targets that 100% medical re-checkup rate and participation rate of specific health guidance were added.
Message from management to recommend the participation of such checkup and follow-up by HR member in charge of health management were delivered.
- ・Moreover, in order to promote health management of employees, occupational health physician looks through the results of all employees, interview and provide health guidance for specific employees. In addition, consultation system about health issues is established.
- ・As infection control measure, employees can take flu vaccination before epidemic, antibody test and vaccination of rubella.
Health and Productivity Management Promotion System
Health and Productivity Management Promotion System
- ・Health Committee
- ・Health and Productivity Management Follow-up Meeting
President is a chief executive in charge of health management, HR manager and general manager of each department are designated as a leader in health promoted activity.
The Health Committee and The Health and Productivity Management Follow-up Meeting , which consist of the HR manager and the members elected from among employees every year, hold monthly meetings in principle to promote employees’ health and safety. Our industrial doctor attends all Committee meetings to provide advice and guidance on healthcare. The Health Committee and The Health and Productivity Management Follow-up Meeting members discuss the status of use of paid leave and overtime work of employees, and the matters discussed by the Committee are reported to the board members. The matters are utilized for improving internal systems and goal setting. Also, important matters reported to the Health Committee such as the status of use of paid leave, overtime work of employee and status of taking medical checkups are reported to the Risk Management Committee which is headed by the president and the Risk Management Committee will discuss the matters.
We implement mental health care in cooperation with medical institutions. We help employees, who are diagnozed as requiring special medical examinations and treatment, find specialists or specialized medical institution partners. In 2016, we started to perform stress check tests on all employees to prevent them from suffering from mental disorders.
For health promotion and stopping passive smoking of employees, we implement enlightenment activities including complete separation of smoking area from non-smoking rooms, delivering message from health insurance association and post a notice about no smoking. From 2019, we started to bear full cost of smoking cessation clinics for employees who try to quit smoking and introducing the non-smoking hours in the office. Furthermore, in 2020, the range of no-smoking hour settings has been expanded.
Health Promotion Program
To improve health awareness, we have installed blood pressure monitors and body composition meters in common areas, and we support the promotion of employee health by providing support for sports club fees and by participating in the Futsal Tournament at the Corporate Games 2019.
Complimentary breakfast, lunch and beverages (health-oriented diet)
In order to publicize the importance of regular dietary intake, we support healthy food habits at cafeteria (providing healthy lunch and calorie display of food & drink menu) .
Health and Productivity Management Training
Hulic provides ongoing occupational safety and healthcare promotion training to raise awareness of safety and health among all employees In 2020, we conducted in-house training (by video) to improve health literacy.
- ・Attendance: Mandatory for managers or higher (however, all employees can attend)
- ・Number of participants: 117 (the number of respondents to questionnaires by managers or higher)
In promoting the creation of comfortable workplaces, we give first priority to the securing of safety and health and endeavor to secure employees' health and safety by engaging in various efforts. While we have not obtained certifications such as OHSAS 18001, we secure occupational safety under our own system by regularly conducting risk assessment and improving issues.
The number of accidents occurred in 2020 was zero and no accidents that require time off from work or fatal accidents occurred in five years in a row (rate of occurrence was 0%). We will continuously promote the improvement of the level of occupational safety and health in the workplace.
Further, no fatal accidents have occurred in the past three years among contractors or at other companies involved in our real estate development. No employees are engaged in work with a high risk for illness and no legal proceedings have been brought against us in this regard.
- Our Approach to Sustainability
- Environmental Initiatives
- Basic Policy for Environment
- Initiatives for Climate Change
- Building a Recycling-oriented Society
- Initiatives for Biodiversity
- Information Disclosure based on TCFD Recommendations
- Social Initiatives
- Initiatives for Customers
- Collaboration with Business Partners
- Initiatives for Employees
- Initiatives for Local Communities
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance
- External Directors and External Auditors
- Auditing Mechanism
- Internal Control System
- Risk Management
- Initiatives for Shareholders and Investors
- External Evaluation
- Index by Topic / Index by GRI Standards
- Sustainability Book /
- Survey for our Sustainability Website