Hulic considers compliance to be one of its most important management matters. Hulic ensures transparency, complies with applicable laws and the spirit of the law, and pays taxes appropriately and fairly in all countries where we do business.
Hulic considers compliance to be one of its most important management matters, complies with applicable laws and regulations and the spirit of the law, and engages in sincere and fair corporate activities that do not go against social norms. In line with our Compliance Manual based on the “Basic Principles of Corporate Conduct” and “Our Code of Conduct,” Hulic ensures the transparency of transactions, including tax affairs, and in accordance with the spirit of law, pays taxes appropriately and fairly in all countries where we do business. Further, we will build relationships of trust with tax authorities in each country by increasing tax transparency without using tax planning or tax havens intended to avoid taxes.
Financial reports such as the Company's consolidated financial statements are submitted to the Board of Directors for approval in accordance with laws and regulations and the Company's Articles of Incorporation after they have been audited by an external accounting auditor. Additionally, Audit & Supervisory Board members receive reports and the Board of Directors responds promptly when the accounting auditor discovers fraud, or points out inadequacies or issues including our tax affair.
Ernst & Young ShinNihon LLC conducts audits of the financial statements and internal controls as an Independent Accounting Auditor.
Currently, our business and investment activities in countries other than Japan are extremely limited, thus tax payments by Hulic Co., Ltd. (non-consolidated), by country in FY2020 was 100% in Japan and the United States. The Group's business bases are located only in Japan. The amount of taxes paid by country was as follows.
Hulic Co., Ltd. (non-consolidated)
- Our Approach to Sustainability
- Environmental Initiatives
- Basic Policy for Environment
- Initiatives for Climate Change
- Building a Recycling-oriented Society
- Initiatives for Biodiversity
- Information Disclosure based on TCFD Recommendations
- Social Initiatives
- Initiatives for Customers
- Collaboration with Business Partners
- Initiatives for Employees
- Initiatives for Local Communities
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance
- External Directors and External Auditors
- Auditing Mechanism
- Internal Control System
- Risk Management
- Initiatives for Shareholders and Investors
- External Evaluation
- Index by Topic / Index by GRI Standards
- Sustainability Book /
- Survey for our Sustainability Website